The Austrian capital is one of Europe's most elegant cities. Discover its enchanting beauty by the light of the moon on this free tour of Vienna's most important monuments at night.
Vienna at Night Free Tour Itinerary
Meet your guide at 6 pm in Helmut Zilk-Platz, a square in the heart of Vienna city centre with incredible history. You'll begin your free walking tour of the Austrian capital admiring the Danubius Fountain in Albertinaplatz, a monument made even more beautiful by its nightly illuminations.
Continue your guided tour to the Burggarten, an enchanting park where a famous statue of Mozart is located, before reaching the Hofburg, the Imperial Palace of the Habsburg rulers of Austria. This impressive building, built in a fusion of architectural styles testifying to its long history, is home to the residence and offices of the country's president, as well as the legendary Spanish Riding School.
Strolling through the streets of Vienna's historic centre, you'll be captivated by their elegant architecture and their night time illuminations. You'll explore Neuer Markt and Josefsplatz, considered one of the finest courtyards in the city, and visit the Monument Against War and Fascism, as well as passing by Mozarthaus, the house-museum of the world-renowned composer, and Stephansdom, Vienna's stunning Gothic and Romanesque cathedral.
It is not possible to reserve this free walking tour if you are a group of more than 6 people. If this is the case, please book our Private Tour of Vienna instead.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Vienna's history.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (5:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Helmut Zilk-Platz, 1010.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.