Public Transport Costs in Vienna
See and compare the different types of tickets and travel passes available for tourists in Vienna, and choose the one that suits you best.
All of the tickets mentioned below are conveniently valid for journeys on the metro, bus and tram networks.
Single ticket price
- Single ticket: € 2.40 (US$ 2.60)
Tickets must be validated at the U-Bahn station or when you get on the bus or tram.
Vienna travel passes
These travel passes allow unlimited use of the public transport networks for the duration of their validity, activated from the time of first use:
- 24-hour pass: € 8 (US$ 8.60)
- 48-hour pass: € 14.10 (US$ 15.20)
- 72-hour pass: € 17.10 (US$ 18.40)
- Weekly pass: € 17.10 (US$ 18.40) (valid for a specific calendar week from Monday to Sunday - this is not a 7 day ticket).
Other travel cards
The Vienna City Card includes unlimited travel for one adult and one child under 15 years old, plus discounts and benefits at museums, shops, restaurants and other attractions around the city. It is valid for the specified duration from the time it is first used.
- 24 hours: € 17 (US$ 18.30)
- 48 hours: € 25 (US$ 26.90)
- 72 hours: € 29 (US$ 31.20)
Where to buy tickets?
You can buy public transport tickets at the offices and machines at the metro and train stations.
Many tobacconists (Tabak Trafik) also sell tickets - look for the blue "WL" logo outside the shops.
Single tickets can also be bought on board trams and buses but they cost more (€ 2.60 (US$ 2.80) instead of € 2.40 (US$ 2.60)).