Prices in Vienna
Are Vienna's restaurants expensive? How much does a coffee cost? How much money should you bring for a few days in Vienna?
In general, Vienna is quite expensive, especially for dinner in the majority of restaurants, but there's always the option to eat in one of the many street food spots that offer a variety of different foods.
Entry to most museums and places of interest is also often expensive.
The following is a list of some of Vienna's products and services:
Food and drinks
- A large coffee: € 4.20 (US$ 4.50)
- A slice of cake: € 4.20 (US$ 4.50)
- A large slice of pizza: € 5 (US$ 5.40)
- A hot dog: € 3.50 (US$ 3.80)
- A beer: € 4 (US$ 4.30)
- Dinner for two in a restaurant: € 60 (US$ 64.40) (as a minimum, without wine).
- Single metro ticket: € 2.40 (US$ 2.60) (Children € 1.20 (US$ 1.30)).
- 24-hour, 48-hour, or 72-hour transport pass: starting at € 8 (US$ 8.60)
- Vienna City Card valid for 24, 48, or 72 hours (free travel plus added benefits): starting at € 25 (US$ 26.80)
- Taxi from the airport to the city center: around € 50 (US$ 53.60)
- One night in a hotel in the city center: € 50 (US$ 53.60) - € 200 (US$ 214.70) plus.